“By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.”
Sparky's Place Weekly
Week of Monday, March 3rd
Week of Monday, March 10th
Your resident dining hall, Sparky’s Place, located in the Gladys Sakowich Campus Center, was renovated over the summer of 2009. At that time, Sparky’s Place was named after a 31-year Merrimack Dining Services employee, Cynthia “Sparky” Ouellette. With the renovation and the new name, the entire dining program was renewed with many fresh offerings and exciting services based on feedback from students.
- For better speed of service, convenience and nutrition, many of our offerings are pre-plated restaurant style. We encourage all to taste what is being offered at each platform. For those that would like more of one item simply ask the server for more.
- Our offerings are varied as we offer selections at eight different platforms; grill, entrees, pizza, calzones and more, pasta sauté, made-to-order deli, wok world, vegetarian offerings at Salad FX, fresh salad bar and homemade soup selections
- Sparky’s Place is tray free. We support the need to help create a better tomorrow for all. By being tray free, we help save countless gallons of water and detergent from going into the waste stream. We encourage students to help themselves to all they care to eat.
Sparky’s Place features a coffee bar offering the Aspretto program of fair trade coffees and organic teas. From the machine in which we brew, to everything that touches Aspretto has been chosen to respect the environment. By experiencing Aspretto, you not only give back to the farmers and communities on which we service but also contribute to the Stop Hunger program.
- Simple Servings is our new resident dining option, providing safe and appetizing food choices “ready to go” for our customers with food allergies, gluten intolerance, or those who prefer plain and simple foods. The Simple Servings station does not offer foods made with the FDA most-common allergens of peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, wheat, soy, milk products, and eggs. All foods offered will be made without gluten-containing ingredients. Simple Servings staff members are carefully trained to avoid cross-contamination of their menu items. Separate equipment, storage areas, utensils and preparation areas minimize, but do not totally eliminate, the chances of gluten and allergens in our Simple Servings foods.
- Simple Servings: providing convenient, delicious, and secure options. Focus on your future, not your food allergy.
Sparky's Dining Express:
We are excited to announce Sparky's Express. Our New alternative to Residential Dining for those students in a hurry or who want to take their lunch with them. Featuring a choice of Sandwich or Salad, Side, Dessert, and beverage. Located in the front of the Warrior's Den an excellent alternative for our students on the go.
Weekly Menu Page Now Includes Nutrition Summary Report & Icons!
Click an underlined Recipe Name in any of the Web Page Menus to view a pop-up Nutrition Facts window displaying nutrition information for that item.
Checkboxes appear in the web page to select individual menu items consumed, along with buttons that when clicked either clear/deselect the checkboxes in the web page or activates a Nutrition Summary Report for the selected items. If no items are selected, the buttons automatically become disabled.
Icons for Mindful items, Vegetarian, and Vegan items have been updated.
Merrimack College Home Page